Definition of Land of lincoln
1. Noun. A midwestern state in north-central United States.
Group relationships: Middle West, Midwest, Midwestern United States, America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Generic synonyms: American State
Terms within: Cairo, Carbondale, Champaign, Chicago, Windy City, Decatur, East Saint Louis, Moline, Peoria, Rockford, Rock Island, Capital Of Illinois, Springfield, Urbana, Illinois River, Little Wabash, Little Wabash River
Land Of Lincoln Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Land Of Lincoln Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Land Of Lincoln
Literary usage of Land of lincoln
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. ... [County Reports and Maps] Cabell, Wayne and Lincoln Counties: Cabell by West Virginia Geological Survey, D. D. Teets, W. J. Latimer, Charles E. Krebs (1913)
"48 Mine on land of Lincoln Land Assn., near Leete, Map No. 139, page 203. Wayne county, Butler district. 49 Mine on land of Jas. ..."
2. The Cap and Gown by Charles Reynolds Brown (1910)
"O thou land of Lincoln, who pleaded in his second inaugural, "With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to ..."
3. The Annals of the English Bible by Christopher Anderson (1845)
"... under Fitzjames of London; and, above all, 1521, under Long- land of Lincoln, were so many seasons of the most determined opposition to the Word of God. ..."
4. Macmillan's Magazine by David Masson, George Grove, John Morley, Mowbray Morris (1868)
"... a beverage in all respects worthy of the land of Lincoln—a mixture of mashed ico, soda-water, some suspicion of alcohol, and cream, flavoured delicately ..."