Definition of Leaf shape
1. Noun. Any of the various shape that leaves of plants can assume.
Leaf Shape Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Leaf Shape Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Leaf Shape
Literary usage of Leaf shape
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. First Steps in Water Color Painting by Martin F. Gleason (1921)
"In the leaf shape observe that the end of the stroke is pointed and at the center it increases in width. Fig. 2 shows the side view of PLATE XV. the same ..."
2. The World Book: Organized Knowledge in Story and Picture edited by Michael Vincent O'Shea, Ellsworth D. Foster, George Herbert Locke (1918)
"For the decoration of the cover let us take a leaf shape for the unit of design—that is, for the shape to be repeated to form, in this case, a border. ..."
3. Oxford Lectures and Other Discourses by Sir Frederick Pollock (1890)
"However produced, and for whatever reasons retained, this leaf-shape is the continuing type of the Greek sword throughout ancient Greek history; ..."
4. The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"It is conceivable that the leaf-shape was modified from a longer straight blade for the sake oí handiness and cutting power, but not less so that the ..."
5. Macmillan's Magazine by David Masson, George Grove, John Morley, Mowbray Morris (1883)
"This leaf-shape is the continuing type of the Greek sword throughout ancient Greek history; and it is not only thus persistent, but now and then recurs at ..."
6. Report of the Annual Meeting (1903)
"357, mentions a similar hoard of' thirty-four flints worked roughly to a leaf shape,' and another is described by Dr. Joseph Anderson, as ' A deposit of ..."
7. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland by Society of Antiquaries of Scotland (1901)
"46) is of elongated leaf-shape, 14^ inches in length, but wanting the base of the socket and part of ... Another spear-head of more decided leaf shape (fig. ..."