Definition of Leon battista alberti
1. Noun. Italian architect and painter; pioneering theoretician of Renaissance architecture (1404-1472).
Leon Battista Alberti Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Leon Battista Alberti Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Leon Battista Alberti
Literary usage of Leon battista alberti
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Guilds of Florence by Edgcumbe Staley (1906)
"Still it is obvious, from a careful study of the writings of such men as Leonardo da Vinci, leon battista alberti, and Francesco Guicciardini and many ..."
2. A Literary Source-book of the Italian Renaissance by Merrick Whitcomb (1898)
"leon battista alberti. Place and time of birth undetermined. Thought to be Venice, in 1404. Alberti's talents covered a wide range of subjects. ..."
3. Art in Northern Italy by Corrado Ricci (1911)
"Matteo de' Pasti, in Ran. btbl. dell'arte Hal., 1908-9-10; G. Mancini. Leon Battista Albertl, Florence, 1882; E. Londi. leon battista alberti ..."
4. Italy, Past and Present by Antonio Carlo Napoleone] [Gallenga (1848)
"Charged by the Duke of Milan with the direction of those hydraulic works by which the agri- * leon battista alberti, born towards AD 1400; died, 1472. ..."