¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Leukemogenic
Medical Definition of Leukemogenic
1. Pertaining to the causation, induction, and development of leukaemia; manifesting the ability to cause leukaemia. (05 Mar 2000)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Leukemogenic
Literary usage of Leukemogenic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"... in some mouse strains against leukemogenic viruses being abolished by immunosuppression and then restored by adoptive transfer of lymphoid cells. ..."
2. Gulf War And Health by Institute of Medicine (2005)
"The authors noted that benzene is present in exhaust, but they speculated that other leukemogenic agents were involved because the benzene ..."
3. Interagency Assessment of Oxygenated Fuelsedited by John H. Gibbons edited by John H. Gibbons (1999)
"... rats administered formaldehyde via their drinking water and suggests a possible involvement of this metabolite in the leukemogenic effect of MTBE. ..."
4. 6th Annual Report on Carcinogens (1991) by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"When injected subcutane- ously, urethane induced pulmonary adenomas in suckling offspring of mice of both sexes. Urethane also enhanced the leukemogenic ..."
5. Eighth Annual Report on Carcinogens: 1998 Summary edited by Barry Leonard (1999)
"Urethane also enhanced the leukemogenic effect of X-irradiation in mice. X- irradiation combined with administration of urethane led to the induction of ..."