Definition of Lever lock
1. Noun. A lock whose tumblers are levers that must be raised to a given position so that the bolt can move.
Lever Lock Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lever Lock Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lever Lock
Literary usage of Lever lock
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopædia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"9. lever lock the bolt carries a projecting piece—the " main stump " —which, when the levers are all raised to the proper height, enters the slots—" ..."
2. The Electrical Review (1881)
"A is the lever frame ; B, the lever ; c, the lever lock ; D is the ... The lock, D, is by this means pulled out of lever lock, c, and duplicate lock, G, ..."
3. Railway Signaling by Everett Edgar King (1921)
"The two check lock levers are each equipped with a half reverse lever lock that can be energized only when the two sets of devices are in a certain position ..."
4. The Mechanics' Magazine, Museum, Register, Journal, and Gazette (1837)
"... lever lock AND KET. (The Committee en Science and the Art», constituted by the Franklin Institute of the State of Pennsylvania for the promotion of the ..."
5. Electric Interlocking Handbook by General Railway Signal Company, Henry Muhlenberg Sperry (1913)
"139), set up some one combination that locks it; lift lever lock (A) by applying current, also the lever latch (B), and pull the lever strongly toward the ..."
6. Building Construction and Superintendence by Frank Eugene Kidder (1906)
"A one-lever lock offers little security, while a three-lever lock offers ten times the security of a one-lever lock. By transposing the levers and changing ..."
7. The Railroad Signal Dictionary: An Illustrated Vocabulary of Terms which by Braman Blanchard Adams, Railway signal association, Rodney Hitt (1908)
"This energizes the block lever lock magnet and unlocks the lever so that the ... This is provided for by the home lever lock which cannot be released to ..."