Definition of Liney
1. liny [adj LINIER, LINIEST] - See also: liny
Lexicographical Neighbors of Liney
Literary usage of Liney
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Superior Court of the City of by New York (City). Superior Court, New York (State). Superior Court (New York), Samuel Jones, James Clark Spencer (1880)
"liney, 48 NY 6; Bliven o. Hudson River RR Co., 36 Id. 405) to go so far as to ... liney, 48 NY 13). The conclusions arrived at in regard to the pleadings, ..."
2. The Annual Register, Or, A View of the History, Politics, and Literature for by Edmund Burke (1791)
"liney were, and held a ... while the others commanded Mrs. liney to (hew them • bread, ... Mrs. liney to fay, ..."
3. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the High Court of Chancery: From by Francis Vesey, Great Britain Court of Chancery (1827)
"Upon the bill of Elizabeth liney by her next friend new trustees were ... It was contended for Martha liney, the survivor of the three deaf and dumb ..."
4. Annual Register by Burke, Edmund, 1729-1797, Edmund Burke (1780)
"... of Mr. liney, at Fyfield, near Marlborough. After getting in at the window, oneof them went to the bed where Mr. and Mrs. liney were, ..."
5. The American Reports: Containing All Decisions of General Interest Decided by Isaac Grant Thompson, Irving Browne (1873)
"liney. the following facts appear: On the 31st of March, 1862, plaintiff sent goods belonging to him, in charge of one Gregory, to defendant's warehouse for ..."
6. A Treatise Upon the Law of Legacies by Roper Stote Donnison Roper (1804)
"Upon the bill of Elizabeth liney, ... and George liney, the infant fon, to have the benefit of the decrees and ... It was' contended for Martha liney, ..."
7. Cyclopedia of Architecture, Carpentry and Building: A General Reference Work by American School, (Chicago, Ill.) (1907)
"The lines a' e and a' f make the same angle with the liney « e that the lines ae and af, in Fig. ... In the same way the bevel of the liney j may be found. ..."