Definition of Lownds
1. lownd [v] - See also: lownd
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lownds Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lownds
lownds (current term)
Literary usage of Lownds
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Harleian Miscellany: Or, A Collection of Scarce, Curious, and by William Oldys, John Malham (1810)
"London : Printed for Richard lownds, at the White Lion, in St. Paul's Church Yard, over-against the ..."
2. A Brief Historical Relation of State Affairs from September 1678 to April 1714 by Narcissus Luttrell (1857)
"His majestic has ordered Mr. lownds, secretary to the treasury, to prepare an account of the state of the revenue to lay before the parliament. ..."
3. Reports of Cases Decided by the English Courts: With Notes and References to by Nathaniel Cleveland Moak, John Thomas Cook (1876)
"lownds. 1875 [His honor then stated the facts to the effect set forth above, ... [Law Reports, 19 Equity Cases, 453.] MR, Feb. 22, 1875. *Fox v. lownds. ..."
4. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Courts of Exchequer by Great Britain Court of Exchequer (1828)
"JB Y the will of William lownds, Esq. of Clapton, one moie- A. having a ty of five twentieth parts of 20.00W. was bequeathed, g^ESta" (subject to the life ..."
5. The Marriage, Baptismal, and Burial Registers of the Collegiate Church Or by Joseph Lemuel Chester (1876)
"1685 July 10 Mrs. Jane lownds :l [Cloisters']. July 16 Madam Villiers :2 [in the Abbey]. Aug. ... lownds ..."
6. Second Series of Bibliographical Collections and Notes on Early English by William Carew Hazlitt (1882)
"Published for the satisfying of all his Majesties loving Subjects. . . . London, Printed for Richard lownds. 1642. August 2. 4", 4 leaves. ..."