Definition of Majority leader
1. Noun. Leader of the majority party in a legislature.
Majority Leader Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Majority Leader Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Majority Leader
Literary usage of Majority leader
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cyclopedia of American Government by Andrew Cunningham McLaughlin, Albert Bushnell Hart (1914)
"Although the leadership of the House is generally fixed for the life of я Congress, the chosen majority leader is not always in charge of the floor, ..."
2. How Our Laws Are Made: Bicentennial Edition 1789-1989 by Edward F. Willett (1995)
"Usually, this is the majority leader. The five-minute limitation on debate ... The majority leader, after consulting the majority policy committee of the ..."
3. How Our Laws Are Made by Charles W. Johnson (1999)
"sider a measure or the offering of a motion to proceed to the consideration of a measure is reserved, by tradition, to the majority leader. ..."
4. Procedure in State Legislatures by Harold Willis Dodds (1918)
"and the standing committees were virtually superseded by the small caucus sub-committees of his choosing.27 The majority leader of the lower house of New ..."