Definition of Maltreatments
1. maltreatment [n] - See also: maltreatment
Lexicographical Neighbors of Maltreatments
Literary usage of Maltreatments
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Child Maltreatment 1992: Reports from the States to the National Center on by Andrea J. Sedlak, Joan Gaffney (1998)
"The Summary Data Component of NCANDS does not collect data on types of alleged maltreatments. Instead, data on the type of substantiated ..."
2. Militarism by Karl Paul August Friedrich Liebknecht (1917)
"But even where they have thoroughly recognized the hidden dangers of disciplinary maltreatments they find themselves again in face of one of those ..."
3. Harper's New Monthly Magazine by Henry Mills Alden (1854)
"... spoliations and humiliations which no doubt might justify the j severest retaliation, and furious at the sufferings and maltreatments they had undergone ..."
4. The Works of Thomas Carlyle: (complete). by Thomas Carlyle (1897)
"... no lack of stimulants, and step- dame maltreatments, to keep one's resolution at the due pitch. Factious disturbances cease not: as indeed how can they, ..."
5. The Quarterly Review by John Gibson Lockhart, George Walter Prothero, William Gifford, Sir John Taylor Coleridge, Whitwell Elwin, William Macpherson, Baron Rowland Edmund Prothero Ernle, Sir William Smith (1908)
"Under the pretence of equity and justice, maltreatments crying to heaven were perpetrated upon the interests of neutrals.' And finally we commend to Prince ..."
6. History of Friedrich II. of Prussia, called Frederick the Great: in ten vol by Thomas Carlyle (1859)
"The innumerable maltreatments, authentically chronicled in Wilhelmina's and the other Books, though in a dateless, unintelligible manner, ..."
7. History of Friedrich II. of Prussia, Called Frederick the Great: Called by Thomas Carlyle (1873)
"The innumerable maltreatments, authentically chronicled in Wilhel- mina's and the other Books, ..."
8. The Quarterly Review by William Gifford, George Walter Prothero, John Gibson Lockhart, John Murray, Whitwell Elwin, John Taylor Coleridge, Rowland Edmund Prothero Ernle, William Macpherson, William Smith (1908)
"Under the pretence of equity i justice, maltreatments crying to heaven were perpetrated upon the interests of neutrals.' And finally we commend to Prince ..."