Definition of Maryland golden aster
1. Noun. Perennial golden aster of southeastern United States.
Maryland Golden Aster Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Maryland Golden Aster Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Maryland Golden Aster
Literary usage of Maryland golden aster
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Southern Wild Flowers and Trees: Together with Shrubs, Vines and Various by Alice Lounsberry (1901)
"C. Mariana, maryland golden aster with its large golden heads of blossoms, is always a cheery individual, and either in dry, open woods or sandy spots grows ..."
2. Handbook of the Wild and Cultivated Flowering Plants by Chester Arthur Darling (1912)
"maryland golden aster. (C. mariana.) 1 a Outer flowers white ....WHITE GOLDEN-ROD. (S. bicolor.) b Outer flowers yellow 2 2 a Bracts of the involucre all ..."
3. A Manual of Weeds: With Descriptions of All the Most Pernicious and by Ada Eljiva Georgia (1914)
"... achenes smooth, two-toothed, with a pappus of one or two awns. Means of control the same as for the Broad-leaved Gum Plant. maryland golden aster ..."
4. Plant Life of Alabama: An Account of the Distribution, Modes of Association by Charles Theodore Mohr (1901)
"... discovered and collected by Mr. Ware.*' Herb. Geol. Surv. Herb. Mohr. Chrysopsis mariana (L. ) Nutt. (ion. PI. 2 : liil. 1818. maryland golden aster. ..."
5. Maryland Weather Service: Reports by Maryland Weather Service (1910)
"Wicomico County, Salisbury (1273). Chrysopsis mariana (L.) Nutt. Maryland Golden Aster. Throughout the state; in dry forests and open situations; common. ..."