Definition of Meares
1. meare [v] - See also: meare
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Meares Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Meares
Literary usage of Meares
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary of Books Relating to America, from Its Discovery to the Present by Joseph Sabin, Wilberforce Eames, Bibliographical Society of America, Robert William Glenroie Vail (1873)
"DIXON (G.) Remarks on the Voyage of John meares, Esq., in a letter to that gentleman by George Dixon, late Commander of the Queen Charlotte in a Voyage ..."
2. History of British Columbia from Its Earliest Discovery to the Present Time by Alexander Begg (1894)
""SlE,—Whereat different reports have been propagated relative to what right Mr. meares hud for taking possession of the land i:i Friendly Cove, Nootka Sound ..."
3. History of Oregon by Charles Henry Carey (1922)
"John meares, who was a retired lieutenant of the British navy, and one of the most ... meares first sailed to Unalaska, thence to Prince William Sound, ..."
4. The Northwest Coast by James Gilchrist Swan (1857)
"CHAPTER IL Discovery of Shoal-water Bay by meares in 1788.—His Description of it.—Indians come out of the Bay in a Canoe.—Thick Fog. ..."
5. An Historical Account of the Plantation in Ulster at the Commencement of the by George Hill (1877)
"In the 6nt set of Instructions, the 9th requires the commissioners "to set out and distinguish by meares and bounds suck parcels of land as are allotted to ..."
6. Alaskan Glacier Studies of the National Geographic Society in the Yakutat by Ralph Stockman Tarr, Lawrence Martin, National Geographic Society (U.S.) (1914)
"Here it is terminated by a large ice tongue, meares Glacier, the only glacier in this fiord which reaches tidewater; but Brilliant Glacier, Ranney Glacier, ..."
7. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1910)
"Atlantic Coast Line Railway Company. Davis & Davis and Frank Thompson, for appellant. Duffy & Koonce and meares & К nark, for appellee. ..."
8. Junius: Including Letters by the Same Writer Under Other Signatures: to by Junius, John Wade, Nicholas Harris Nicolas (1890)
"... in 1771, meares and Shepley against Ansell, for a trespass, in which his Lordship was supposed to have given a very partial charge in favour of the ..."