Definition of Medusa's head
1. Noun. African dwarf succulent perennial shrub with numerous slender drooping branches.
Group relationships: Euphorbia, Genus Euphorbia
Generic synonyms: Spurge
2. Noun. Weedy rye grass having long bristling awns.
Medusa's Head Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Medusa's Head Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Medusa's Head
Literary usage of Medusa's head
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Greek Marbles Brought from the Shores of the Euxine, Archipelago, and by Edward Daniel Clarke (1809)
"LETTER from the EARL of ABERDEEN to the Author, respecting the discovery of the figure of Medusa s Head, as it is represented on the breast of the ..."
2. Rubens: His Life, His Work, and His Time by Emile Michel (1899)
"The livid pallor, terrified expression, and noble features, of the Medusa s Head, now in the Vienna Gallery, fully justify Huygens's admiration ..."
3. Force and Matter: Or, Principles of the Natural Order of the Universe. With by Ludwig Büchner (1884)
"... and at whose sight, as at that of Medusa-s head, all opponents are to be turned into stone — people were so puzzled or so ignorant about the matter, ..."