¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Mesclun
1. a mixture of young tender green herbs [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mesclun Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mesclun
Literary usage of Mesclun
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide by Heather Stimmler-Hall (2004)
"... rock lobster (crawfish) Langue tongue Lapin rabbit Lardons bits of bacon Legumes vegetables Magret de canard duck breast mesclun mixed salad leaves Miel ..."
2. Adventure Guide to the Chesapeake Bay by Barbara Radcliffe Rogers, Stillman Rogers (2000)
"However historic the inn itself, the menu is right up to date, with appetizers of goat cheese with crispy potato or mesclun salad with shallot vinaigrette. ..."
3. The Catskills Alive! by Francine Silverman (2003)
""Mizuna" is a Japanese leaf that is used in mesclun salad and several of Warnes' recipes. For lunch, have the Mizuna salad, a melange of grilled shiitake, ..."
4. Miami & the Florida Keys Alive! by Lisa Simundson (2001)
"Entrees are served with a nice house salad featuring mesclun, carrot, radish and plum tomato. Innovative starters include avocado with marinated scallops, ..."
5. The Artichoke Trail: A Guide to Vegetarian Restaurants, Organic Food Stores by James Bernard Frost (2000)
"Dishes like the organic mesclun greens with roasted summer vegetables - baby beets, yellow tomatoes, artichokes and patty-pan squash in a blackberry-orange ..."
6. Georgia and the Carolinas by Norman Renouf, Kathy Renouf (1999)
"... fried calamari rings with mucho macho spicy marinara ($7.95). The salads are interesting, too: Organic mesclun Mix, with balsamic vinaigrette ($4.95); ..."