¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Microdissection
1. [n -S]
Medical Definition of Microdissection
1. Dissection of tissues under a microscope or magnifying glass, usually done by teasing the tissues apart by means of needles. (05 Mar 2000)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Microdissection
Literary usage of Microdissection
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Never-ceasing Search by Francis Otto Schmitt (1990)
"Dr. Chambers had invited me to come primarily to do microdissection of ... Thus far almost all microdissection work had been done on large marine eggs of ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1922)
"JUDSON HERRICK SPECIAL ARTICLES A SIMPLE APPARATUS FOR MICRO-MANIPU- LATION UNDER THE HIGHEST MAGNIFICATIONS OF THE MICROSCOPE THE microdissection and ..."
3. Library Journal by American Library Association, Library Association (1922)
"See GEOLOGY microdissection. See PROTOPLASM MINNESOTA—EDUCATION Kelley, ... Viscosity values of protoplasm as determined by the aid of microdissection. ..."
4. The Journal of Infectious Diseases by Infectious Diseases Society of America, John Rockefeller McCormick Memorial Fund, John McCormick Institute for Infectious Diseases (1914)
"A detailed description of the microdissection method employed will soon be published. ... A new microdissection apparatus has been designed embodying the ..."
5. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"Preparation of microdissection needles. The ends of No. ... With microdissection needles one was able to cut off the outermost portions of the tufts of the ..."
6. The Journal of General Physiology by Society of General Physiologists, Rockefeller Institute, Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research (1920)
"I3 have presented evidence, from microdissection studies on the sand- dollar egg and the egg of ... Chambers, R., Jr., microdissection studies II. ..."