Definition of Military group
1. Noun. A unit that is part of some military service. "He sent Caesar a force of six thousand men"
Specialized synonyms: Trip Wire, Command, Enemy, Task Force, Army Unit, Naval Unit, Air Unit, Armor, Armour, Mujahadeen, Mujahadein, Mujahadin, Mujahedeen, Mujahedin, Mujahideen, Mujahidin, Guard, Legion, Echelon, Phalanx, Republican Guard, Haganah, Idf, Israeli Defense Force, Militia, Reserves, Commando, Contingent, Detail, Headquarters, Spearhead
Generic synonyms: Social Unit, Unit
Group relationships: Armed Service, Military Service, Service
Category relationships: Armed Forces, Armed Services, Military, Military Machine, War Machine
Member holonyms: Man, Military Man, Military Personnel, Serviceman
Military Group Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Military Group Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Military Group
Literary usage of Military group
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Military Training: Management & Oversight of Joint Combined Exchange Training edited by Carol Schuster (1999)
"For example, at the US SOUTHCOM conference, special operations personnel present briefings of their missions and capabilities to military group ..."
2. The Development of Japan by Kenneth Scott Latourette, Japan Society (New York, N.Y.) (1918)
"On the resignation of the Ito ministry (1901) the military group came back into power under the premiership of Katsura, and carried the nation through the ..."
3. El Salvador at War: An Oral History of Conflict from the 1979 Insurrection edited by Max G. Manwaring, Court Prisk (1995)
"Colonel Joseph S. Stringham HI, US military group Commander in El Salvador, 1983 to 1984. He was interviewed in Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania, ..."
4. The "sixth Division": Military-paramilitary Ties and U.S. Policy in Colombia by Human Rights Watch (Organization), Joanne Mariner, Malcolm Smart (2001)
"The final list is submitted to the US military group ... Kevin Higgins, US Embassy, military group, Bogota, January 10, 2001. 2 Human Rights Watch interview ..."
5. The Use of Psychological Tests in the Educational and Vocational Guidance of by William Martin Proctor (1921)
"... entering the Palo Alto High School as first-year students, and given the individual tests, and most of them later the military group tests; the second, ..."