Definition of Military drill
1. Noun. Training in marching and the use of weapons.
Group relationships: Military Training
Specialized synonyms: Close-order Drill, Square-bashing
Category relationships: Armed Forces, Armed Services, Military, Military Machine, War Machine
Military Drill Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Military Drill Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Military Drill
Literary usage of Military drill
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Year Book by Simon Newton Dexter North, Francis Graham Wickware, Albert Bushnell Hart (1917)
"Physical Training and military drill.—The subject of physical training and ... An inquiry as to schools having military drill for the last two years yielded ..."
2. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1916)
"22 '16 Legislation for military drill in New York il Oood H 62:170-3 F '16 /Making of citizen soldiers; how it is done in Switzerland and Australia. ..."
3. Selected Articles on National Defense by Julia Emily Johnsen (1920)
"MILITARY TRAINING THE QUESTIONS UPON WHICH THE DESIRABILITY OF military drill ... military drill ..."
4. The American Journal of Education by Henry Barnard (1862)
"... in violation of the laws of health, devoted himself to collecting testimony respecting the advantages of the military drill upon the health of children. ..."