Definition of Minima
1. Noun. (plural of minimum) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Minima
1. minimum [n] - See also: minimum
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Minima Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Minima
Literary usage of Minima
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Differential and Integral Calculus by Clyde Elton Love (1916)
"Where possible, find the points of intersection with the axes, determine the behavior of y for large values of z, find the maxima and minima and points of ..."
2. Algebra: An Elementary Text-book, for the Higher Classes of Secondary by George Chrystal (1904)
"The points corresponding to maxima and minima values of the function are obviously ... 11 are maxima and minima points, according to our present definition, ..."
3. Elements of Statistics by Arthur Lyon Bowley (1907)
"We first make a rapid survey of the series, and notice that the minima ... To test the correlation of the minima relative to the maxima a diagram is drawn. ..."
4. Physical Optics by Robert Williams Wood (1905)
"alone will give minima along the lines 041, and the right half alone will do ... The elementary waves from both sides acting together will produce minima ..."
5. Proceedings of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1852)
"IN the spring of the year 1847, among other meteorological observations, I commenced recording the daily maxima and minima of temperature, ..."
6. An Elementary Treatise on the Differential Calculus: Containing the Theory by Benjamin Williamson (1899)
"Suppose it bo required to find the maxima or minima values of y from the ... But the maxima and minima values of y must satisfy the equation -j- = o: ..."
7. Engineering Mathematics: A Series of Lectures Delivered at Union College by Charles Proteus Steinmetz (1911)
"MAXIMA AND minima. 98. In engineering investigations the problem of determining the maxima and the minima, that is, the extrema of a function, ..."
8. Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific by Astronomical Society of the Pacific (1896)
"The following times of minima of the variable star Algol have been taken from the ... Times of the minima occurring in daylight have ..."