Definition of Minor-league team
1. Noun. A team that plays in a minor league.
Specialized synonyms: Farm Club, Farm Team
Generic synonyms: Squad, Team
Group relationships: Bush League, Minor League, Minors
Member holonyms: Bush Leaguer, Minor Leaguer
Lexicographical Neighbors of Minor-league Team
Literary usage of Minor-league team
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Community-based Interventions For Smokers: The Commit Field Experience by Beti Thompson, David M. Burns, William R. Lynn, Donald Shopland (2004)
"The Southern Oregon Athletics challenged the Bellingham Mariners (minor league team for the Seattle Mariners) to go smoke-free for the night, ..."
2. Press Reference Library by International News Service (1915)
"The first year the club was practically a minor league team, but it put up such an article of baseball that soon won to it followers from all parts of the ..."
3. The Virginia Handbook by Blair Howard, Mary K. Burnham, Bill Burnham (2005)
"Spectator Sports The Salem Avalanche, an A-level minor league team affiliated with the Houston Astros of Major League Baseball, plays home games at Salem ..."
4. Hollywood & the Best of Los Angeles Alive!by Robert White, Phyllis White by Robert White, Phyllis White (2002)
"He brought a minor league team from Vernon, a small town southeast of downtown Los Angeles. The opening game was against the Chicago White Sox, ..."