Definition of Moduli
1. Noun. (plural of modulus) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Moduli
1. modulus [n] - See also: modulus
Lexicographical Neighbors of Moduli
Literary usage of Moduli
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable by Andrew Russell Forsyth (1893)
"Some conditions have been shewn (§ 231) to attach to the aggregate of the moduli for any one function of the first kind, and a condition (§ 232) for the ..."
2. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"The relation for complete function« tan ф moduli where «К)' by means of which ... of tho chain of moduli, and that this discovery was reserved for Landen, ..."
3. The Elements of the Theory of Algebraic Numbers by Legh Wilber Reid (1910)
"Determination of the Odd Prime moduli of which a Given Integer is a Quadratic ... To answer the second question : of what odd prime moduli is aa quadratic ..."
4. An Elementary Treatise on the Mathematical Theory of Perfectly Elastic by William John Ibbetson (1887)
"Thus the moduli may be given in pounds or tons per square inch, or preferably in ... the gravitation measure of force, and therefore also of the moduli, ..."
5. A Manual of Civil Engineering by William John Macquorn Rankine, William J. Millar (1889)
"In most substances which are \ised in construction, the moduli of stiffness, ... moduli or Co-efficients of Elasticity are the values of moduli 01 stiffness ..."
6. Elements of the Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable: With Especial by Heinrich Durège (1896)
"55 represents a triply connected surface ; let the cross-cuts be ab and cd, and let the moduli of periodicity for the same be Al and A& respectively, ..."
7. Applied Mechanics by Charles Edward Fuller, William Atkinson Johnston (1919)
"Section moduli Polygon. — When a cross section is bounded by straight lines a polygon, ... If section moduli lines are constructed for each of the vertices, ..."