Definition of Mopani
1. mopane [n -S] - See also: mopane
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mopani
Literary usage of Mopani
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. On Coal: With Reference to Its Screening, Transport, &c.-- by Frederick Charles Danvers (1872)
"Allowing for the increased " quantity of mopani coal, in comparison to English coal ... But this is " on the assumption that the mopani Company can supply v ..."
2. On coal, with reference to its screening, transport, etc by Frederick Charles Danvers (1872)
"If they had access to both Chanda and mopani " coal, their saving would be Rs. 9 ... Allowing for the increased " quantity of mopani coal, in comparison to ..."
3. A Handbook of the Ila Language by Edwin William Smith (1907)
"... the trees were mopani. &c., &c. Negative. ... the tree was not a mopani. ... the trees were not mopani. ..."
4. The Gold Regions of South Eastern Africa by Thomas Baines (1877)
"11 4 37 Large mopani tree in forest ... 90 70 Six-tree ring in valley, with Vleis in the wet season ... On plain with mopani Forest 3000 feet above the sea. ..."
5. A Manual of the Geology of India by Geological Survey of India, Henry Benedict Medlicott, William Thomas Blanford, Valentine Ball, Frederick Richard Mallett (1881)
"mopani. *—This field is one of high importance in consequence of ita position with reference to the railway. It is situated 95 miles (by rail) ..."