2. Noun. (chemistry) A compound peak produced in several forms of spectroscopy ¹
3. Noun. (physics) Any of several groupings of subatomic particles that share most properties, but have different charges ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Multiplet
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Multiplet Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Multiplet
Literary usage of Multiplet
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1879)
"... singlet (1) -7.16, singlet (5) -3.0, AsB multiplet (3) -1.27, ... multiplet (5) —3.34, pair of triplets (1) -1.90, multiplet (2) -0.85, ..."
2. Recreation by George O. Shields, American Canoe Association, League of American Sportsmen (1898)
"A device of this kind ought to be generally adopted wherever pacing is required, as a rider must follow his multiplet as closely as possible to get the ..."
3. The Collected Mathematical Papers of Arthur Cayley by Arthur Cayley (1891)
"The restriction that a non-consecutive duad of any multiplet is not to occur as a duad, consecutive or non-consecutive, of any other multiplet (see my note ..."