Definition of Mutual savings bank
1. Noun. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
Mutual Savings Bank Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mutual Savings Bank Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mutual Savings Bank
Literary usage of Mutual savings bank
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on the Law of National and State Banks: Including the Clearing by Harvey White Magee (1906)
"mutual savings bank denned. A mutual savings bank, as its name implies, ... A mutual savings bank, if it may be called a bank, is a place where money is ..."
2. The Savings Bank and Its Practical Work: A Practical Treatise on Savings by William Henry Kniffin (1918)
"... CHAPTER VIII THE ORGANIZATION OF A SAVINGS BANK Before describing the process of organizing a mutual savings bank, it will be of interest to become ..."
3. Accounting Theory and Practice by Roy Bernard Kester (1921)
"... of the mutual savings bank The following are the characteristic features of the mutual savings bank: i. The depositors realize all the profits and bear ..."
4. Reports of Cases Decided in the Supreme Court of the State of Oregon by Oregon Supreme Court (1902)
"On May 17, 1897, the receiver notified the mutual savings bank that, ... A suit was soon thereafter commenced by the mutual savings bank to foreclose such ..."
5. Banking and Business by Henry Parker Willis, George William Edwards (1922)
"THE ORGANIZATION OF A mutual savings bank. In the above description of the nature of the savings bank, it has been conceived as a single institution, ..."
6. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1907)
"A mutual savings bank is a corporation conducted solely in the interest of its depositors. There are no stockholders. The net earnings, with the exception ..."
7. Readings in Money and Banking by Chester Arthur Phillips (1916)
"THE LOCALIZATION OF SAVINGS BANKS IN THE UNITED STATES The home of the mutual savings bank is in the East, where it began operations in 1816, ..."