Definition of Nationalist leader
1. Noun. The leader of a nationalist movement.
Specialized synonyms: American Revolutionary Leader
Specialized synonyms: Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Mandela, Nelson Mandela, Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, Charles Stewart Parnell, Parnell
Nationalist Leader Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nationalist Leader Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nationalist Leader
Literary usage of Nationalist leader
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. In Castle and Cabin: Or, Talks in Ireland in 1887 by George Pellew (1888)
"A nationalist leader IN COUNTY KILKENNY. My companion was a self-made man in an old sleepy town. We walked up and down the long promenade by the river's ..."
2. Full & Authentic Report of the Tilak Trial: (1908.) Being the Only by Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Narasĩha Cintāmaṇa Keḷakara (1908)
"The arrest of Mr, Bal Gangadhar Tilak, the nationalist leader of ... of Mr. Bal Gangadhar Tilak, the nationalist leader of Poona, actually means in India. ..."
3. Information Annual (1917)
"John Redmond, the nationalist leader, made public, July 20, a memorandum which he sent to Premier Asquith and David Lloyd George, the Secretary for War, ..."
4. Ulster as it is: Or, Twenty-eight Years' Experience as an Irish Editor by Thomas Macknight (1896)
"This gentleman, in referring to this speech after Mr. Parnell had become the nationalist leader, said : " I must say that I thought his first address in the ..."
5. Annual Register by Burke, Edmund, 1729-1797, Edmund Burke (1890)
"fact that a Nationalist has forged the signature of the nationalist leader is treated in certain circles as a remarkable testimony to the merits of the ..."
6. Punch by Mark Lemon, Henry Mayhew, Tom Taylor, Shirley Brooks, Francis Cowley Burnand, Owen Seaman (1887)
"Yes, but oughtn't nationalist leader in Parlia ment to " divide " the most ? Dr. Tanner,—Nobody seems to have thought of me to succeed ..."
7. The Social Welfare Forum: Official Proceedings [of The] Annual Meeting by National Conference on Social Welfare, American Social Science Association (1921)
"Sometimes the motive of the nationalist leader is less patriotic, nationalistically, than commercial. A Report of the United States Immigration Commission ..."