Definition of Natural scientist
1. Noun. A biologist knowledgeable about natural history (especially botany and zoology).
Category relationships: Botany, Phytology, Zoological Science, Zoology
Generic synonyms: Biologist, Life Scientist
Specialized synonyms: Agassiz, Jean Louis Rodolphe Agassiz, Louis Agassiz, Andrews, Roy Chapman Andrews, Baron Georges Cuvier, Cuvier, Georges Cuvier, Georges Leopold Chretien Frederic Dagobert Cuvier, Charles Darwin, Charles Robert Darwin, Darwin, Gesner, Konrad Von Gesner, Hudson, W. H. Hudson, William Henry Hudson, Baron Alexander Von Humboldt, Baron Friedrich Heinrich Alexander Von Humboldt, Humboldt, Chevalier De Lamarck, Jean Baptiste De Lamarck, Lamarck, John Muir, Muir, Lorenz Oken, Lorenz Okenfuss, Oken, Okenfuss, Georg Wilhelm Steller, Steller, Jan Swammerdam, Swammerdam, Alfred Russel Wallace, Wallace
Definition of Natural scientist
1. Noun. A scientist dedicated to natural science. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Natural Scientist Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Natural Scientist Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Natural Scientist
Literary usage of Natural scientist
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1916)
"The natural scientist accepts as his foundation that theory which best explains ... Whenever a theory is contradicted by experiments, the natural scientist ..."
2. The American Historical Review by American historical association (1904)
"In forming his concept the historian employs general terms, but he combines them to form a concept with an individual content ; the natural scientist forms ..."
3. Science and Idealism by Hugo Münsterberg (1906)
"But if the psychologist is the real natural scientist of the soul, this whole interplay of ideas and emotions and volitions appears to him as a world of ..."
4. Introduction to Philosophy by Friedrich Paulsen (1906)
"Should the attempt be made, the natural scientist must repudiate it and say : That is not at all what my question called for ; what I desire to know as a ..."
5. Flight of the Flamingos: A Study on the Mobility of R&D Workersby Michael Kahn by Michael Kahn (2004)
"The Bill stipulates that a certified natural scientist or candidate natural scientist may only perform work in the natural scientific profession under the ..."
6. The Writing of History: An Introduction to Historical Method by Fred Morrow Fling (1920)
"The aim of the natural scientist is to organize reality through an ... The historian, on the contrary, is interested in what the natural scientist passes ..."
7. New, Old, and Forgotten Remedies: Papers by Many Writers by Edward Pollock Anschutz (1917)
"At any rate, the data handed out by the bacteriologist as a natural scientist (bacteria have no discoverable minds, one end is commonly like the other, ..."
8. Societal Evolution: A Study of the Evolutionary Basis of the Science of Society by Albert Galloway Keller (1915)
"But he has at his service no such actually tested instrument as has the natural scientist in what he calls evolution. If the former is not circumscribed in ..."