Definition of Neem seed
1. Noun. Seed of neem trees; source of pesticides and fertilizer and medicinal products.
Generic synonyms: Seed
Terms within: Azadirachtin, Neem Cake
Neem Seed Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Neem Seed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Neem Seed
neem seed (current term)
Literary usage of Neem seed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biotechnology: Building on Farmers' Knowledge by Joske F. G. Bunders, Bertus Haverkort, Wim Hiemstra (1996)
"Crushing units with capacities of between five and twenty tonnes of neem seed per day are now widespread in rural India. They are operated by an assortment ..."
2. The Indian Forester (1905)
"It is to make ridges two feet high and sow the neem seed on the top. ... The Neem seed was unfortunately all eaten by rats and never germinated. ..."
3. IPM (Integrated Pest Management) and Biological Control of Plant Pests by Jane P. Gates (1994)
"Language: English Descriptors: Hawaii; Ceratitis capitata; Bactrocera dorsalis; Bactrocera cucurbitae; Insect control; neem seed extract; Parasites of ..."
4. DNA Fingerprinting and Plants (Including Pathogens): Sponsored CRIS/ICAR by Andrew Kalinski (1994)
"72 (1): 135-139 PARKMAN, P. and PIENKOWSKI, RL, 1989, Sublethal effects of neem seed extract on Liriomyza trifolii (Diptera: Agromyzidae) adults, J. Econ. ..."
5. Soo Thah: A Tale of the Making of the Karen Nation by Alonzo Bunker (1902)
"... Shway Dee, had been down to the city with a basket of neem seed to trade for salt. While there he had lodged with a Burman friend, for whom he had ..."