Definition of Newssheet
1. Noun. Report or open letter giving informal or confidential news of interest to a special group.
Generic synonyms: Account, News Report, Report, Story, Write Up
Specialized synonyms: Market Letter
Lexicographical Neighbors of Newssheet
Literary usage of Newssheet
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Afghanistan: The First Five Years of Soviet Occupation by J. Bruce Amstutz (1994)
"... Trust of Afghan Human Freedoms (New Delhi newssheet), 7 June 1982. 56. Mangal, in FBIS South Asia Daily Repon, 29 June 1984. 57. ..."
2. Directory of Non-Governmental Organisations Active in Sustainable Development = edited by Organización de Cooperación y Desarrollo Económico Centro del Desarrollo, Centre de développement de l'OCDE, [Anonymus AC02494771] (1998)
"PUBLICATIONS: Periodicals: Migration newssheet (12) - Briefing Paper Series (4). List of publications. EVALUATION/RESEARCH: Undertakes research activities. ..."
3. Public Attitudes and International Development Co-Operation by Ian Smillie, Henny Helmich (1998)
"A newssheet — INNSYN (INSIGHT) — reports to the general public. NORAD promotes interactive, televised information to secondary schools, and works through ..."
4. If Wishes Were Horses by Marguerite Florence Jervis Barclay Evans (1917)
"... the morning after Martin's meeting with Liversidge, Peacock was still collarless. It was a Saturday. The Sentinel, the leading newssheet of the district ..."