2. Noun. A creature that is not a mutant. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonmutant
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonmutant Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonmutant
Literary usage of Nonmutant
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Statistics and Science: A Festschrift for Terry Speed by T. P. Speed, Darlene Renee Goldstein (2003)
"Let Coi and o>2 represent the probabilities that a nonmutant and a mutant, respectively, die before replication. Let A. represent the mutation rate, ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"... that suppression of stem line lymphocytes containing nonmutant gene products takes the form of tolerance to self antigens induced in ontogeny. ..."
3. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"... both cupro-zinc SOD activity and copper concentration in the liver of mutant offspring to levels similar to those of nonmutant littermate controls. ..."
4. Microbial and Phenotypic Definition of Rats and Mice: Proceedings of the by National Research Council Staff, ebrary, Inc, National Research Council, International Committee, Commission on Life Sciences, National Academy of Sciences (1999)
"Differences between mutant and nonmutant (control) mice can be attributed to the mutant gene with a high degree of certainty. Different mouse strains are ..."
5. Genes, Behavior, and the Social Environment: Moving Beyond the Nature by Lyla M. Hernandez, Dan G. Blazer (2006)
"... protein has a different activity than the nonmutant and acts differently when performing its role in a system that is processing an environmental factor ..."