2. Noun. (medicine) A person who does not show an immune response to a virus after being vaccinated against it ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonresponder
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonresponder Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonresponder
Literary usage of Nonresponder
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. SSA Disability Decision Making: Additional Steps Needed to Ensure Accuracy by E. Robertson Robert (2004)
"Thus, if the nonresponder analysis reveals little or no differences between the two ... Our nonresponder analysis consisted of a series of tests to compare ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"... relationship between H antigens and the re- sponder-nonresponder status of animals immunized with antigens having a restricted degree of heterogeneity. ..."
3. Guide To Clinical Preventive Services by U. S. Preventive Services Task Force (1989)
"... of HB infection but HBsAg status is unknown, sérologie testing of the source is indicated only if the exposed person is a known vaccine nonresponder. ..."
4. Content Area Reading: A Heuristic Approach by Anthony V. Manzo, Ula Casale Manzo (1990)
"... for converting such a nonresponder into a responsive reader willing to leave behind some material evidence of the struggle to map new ideational land. ..."