¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonresponsive
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonresponsive
Literary usage of Nonresponsive
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Law of Evidence in California: Containing All the Statutes and All the by Curtis Hillyer (1903)
"Striking out nonresponsive answer. Error in admitting or rejecting, when immaterial and how cured. Instrument may be admitted upon proof of due execution, ..."
2. The Female Client and the Health-Care Provider by Janet Hatcher Roberts, Carol Vlassoff (1995)
"The relationship between BMI and responsive and nonresponsive cases of KA is shown in ... The mean BMI of nonresponsive cases was much lower than that of ..."
3. The American and English Railroad Cases: A Collection of All Cases Affecting by Frank Cyrus Smith, Thomas Johnson Michie, United States Courts, Great Britain Courts, Canada Courts (1912)
"Evidence—Witnesses—nonresponsive Answers of Witnesses—Examination of Expert.—A nonresponsive answer of a witness furnishing relevant facts is not erroneous, ..."
4. Briefs on the Law of Insurance by Roger William Cooley, Lawrence Vold (1905)
"(k) Same—nonresponsive or partial answers. The severity of the general rule as to ... The answers of the application were regarded as nonresponsive, ..."
5. Digest of the Reports of the Supreme Court of California: Volumes One to One by James Henry Deering, California Supreme Court (1895)
"... raise the objection that a portion of an answer is nonresponsive, the only proper remedy for which is a motion to strike out the nonresponsive matter. ..."
6. Notes on the California Reports, Supplementary to the 1906 Edition of Notes ...by Charles Lawrence Thompson, Bancroft-Whitney Company, California Supreme Court by Charles Lawrence Thompson, Bancroft-Whitney Company, California Supreme Court (1912)
"... to Proper Questions Calling for competent testimony, upon ground they are irrelevant, does not raise objection that part of answer is nonresponsive, ..."