Definition of Nonwhite
1. Noun. A person who is not white; a person of any race other than Caucasian. ¹
2. Adjective. Not white; being any color other than white. ¹
3. Adjective. Of a person; belonging to any race other than Caucasian. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonwhite
1. a person who is not of the white race [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonwhite Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonwhite
Literary usage of Nonwhite
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Alcohol Use Among U. S. Ethnic Minorities edited by Danielle Spiegler (1993)
"According to a recent report, nonwhite males in the 25-34 year age bracket ... The recent increase in nonwhite age-adjusted cirrhosis mortality rates has ..."
2. The Wayward Welfare State by Roger A. Freeman (1981)
"The percentage of nonwhite males in professional, technical, managerial and administrative fields jumped from 6% in 1958 to 17% in 1980 (below white males ..."
3. Alcohol and Health: Seventh Special Report to the Us Congress by Louis Sullivan (1997)
"Beginning in 1957, the nonwhite cirrhosis mortality rate rose sharply, peaking at 25.3 deaths per 100000 in 1972—nearly twice the rate for whites. ..."
4. Mental Health, United States, 1998 edited by Ronald W Manderscheid, Marilyn J Henderson (1999)
"Multiplying the main effect by the interactions leads to nonwhite: white OR estimates of 0.49 among the married (ie, nonwhites have lower odds of SMI than ..."
5. Econometric Model of the Urban Opportunity Structure: Cumulative Causation by George C. Galster (1999)
"Both directly and through this impact on poverty rates, greater nonwhite proportions ... Higher nonwhite proportions also implicitly generate lower city ..."
6. Trends, Risk, & Interventions in Lethal Violence: Proceedings of the Third edited by Carolyn Block (1995)
"Sixty-two percent of this increase can be attributed to increased arrests of white males and one-third to arrests of nonwhite males. ..."
7. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"The UCT Medical School contains a number of "Colored" students who are permitted to study there under government dispensation, since the lone "nonwhite" ..."