Definition of Northern flying squirrel
1. Noun. Large flying squirrel; chiefly of Canada.
Northern Flying Squirrel Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Northern Flying Squirrel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Northern Flying Squirrel
Literary usage of Northern flying squirrel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The California Spotted Owl: A Technical Assessment of Its Current Status. by Jared Verner (1994)
"Food of the northern flying squirrel in northeastern California. Journal of Mammalogy 41:270-271. M'Closkey. Robert T. 1972. Temporal changes in populations ..."
2. American Animals: A Popular Guide to the Mammals of North America North of by Witmer Stone, William Everett Cram (1902)
"More russet than the preceding, somewhat rusty on the under parts. Range. Replaces the last in southern Georgia and Florida. 3. northern flying squirrel. ..."
3. American Animals: A Popular Guide to the Mammals of North America North of by Witmer Stone, William Everett Cram (1902)
"northern flying squirrel. S. sabrinus macrotis Mearns. Larger than the above (11.25 inches long), with the fur of the under parts always gray at the base. ..."
4. The Natural History of Secession by Thomas Shepard Goodwin (1865)
"The northern flying squirrel, P. hudsonius, Fischer, of the Northern States, 1s larger than P. volucella. /,. „„^„«#„, Desm. j— -ii T-» r Flying Squirrel, ..."
5. Natural History: A Manual of Zoology for Schools, Colleges, and the General by Sanborn Tenney (1872)
"The northern flying squirrel, P. hudsonius, Fischer, of the Northern c. . . . n , .. Flying Squirrel, states, is larger than P. ..."