Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Norward Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Norward
Literary usage of Norward
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Kentucky Receipt Book by Mary Harris Frazer (1903)
""Thou cans't not reach the light that I shall find, A generous soul is sunshine to the mind." Currant Wine. —norward. The currants must be thoroughly ripe ..."
2. The Journal of John Jourdain, 1608-1617, Describing His Experiences in by John Jourdain, William Revett, Alexander Sharpeigh, William Finch, Jan Pieterszoon Coen, Basil Harrington Soulsby (1905)
"... as wee supposed, and to the norward of us wee sawe twoe ... for that the other land which wee sawe to the norward was farther north by 12 leagues then ..."
3. Documentary History of Suffield: In the Colony and Province of the by Hezekiah Spencer Sheldon (1879)
"From thence it runs norward, to a black, or red oak tree standing on the south end of Rattle Snake Plain ; on the brow of the hill next the brook, ..."
4. Suffolk Deeds by William Blake Trask, Frank Eliot Bradish, Suffolk County (Mass.), Charles A. Drew, A. Grace Small (1888)
"... from y° Center Lately Purchased of of John Sutton norward, & with y° Land of William Ripley Southward, & three acres of fresh meadow be it more or lesse ..."
5. The Story of a Great Horse, Cresceus, 2: 02 1/4 by Joannes McCartney, George H. Ketcham (1902)
"Pat Watson got away in front, and he remained in the lead until the home-stretch was reached. Shadeland norward and ..."