Definition of Note payable
1. Noun. A note promising to pay a certain amount of money at a certain time.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Note Payable
Literary usage of Note payable
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Practical Treatise of the Law of Evidence, and Digest of Proofs, in Civil by Thomas Starkie (1891)
"Proof of a promissory note payable to А. В., ... Milner, 3 Moore, 90. (a) Saunderton v. Judge, 2 HB 509. In an action against the maker of a note payable at ..."
2. A Treatise on the Law of Bills of Exchange, Promissory Notes, Bank-notes and by John Barnard Byles, Maurice Barnard Byles, Walter John Barnard Byles (1899)
"And that a note payable by instalments cannot be indorsed for less than the ... A note payable by instalments may contain a proviso that on failure of ..."
3. The Encyclopædia of Pleading and Practice: Under the Codes and Practice Acts by William Mark McKinney, Thomas Johnson Michie (1899)
"A note payable to the order of a particular person is the equivalent of one payable to him or his order, and a note in the one form may be declared upon as ..."
4. The Law of Contracts by Theophilus Parsons, John Melville Gould (1904)
"1 A note payable to "the secretary for the time being" of an association has been held ... A note payable to the " estate of A " is in effect payable to his ..."
5. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of King's Bench: With by Richard Vaughan Barnewall, John Leycester Adolphus, Great Britain Court of King's Bench (1835)
"Underwood (a), a note payable to bearer generally was held by this Court to be a note payable on demand within the first class of notes mentioned in the ..."
6. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Courts of Exchequer and by Great Britain Court of Exchequer, Roger Meeson, William Newland Welsby, John Innes Clark Hare, Horace Binney Wallace, Great Britain Court of Exchequer Chamber (1849)
"Demurrer, on the ground that a note payable to the maker's order was not a ... A promissory note, payable by instalments, is assignable within the stat. ..."