Definition of Notemigonus
1. Noun. Golden shiners.
Generic synonyms: Fish Genus
Group relationships: Cyprinidae, Family Cyprinidae
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Notemigonus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Notemigonus
Literary usage of Notemigonus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Synopsis of the Fishes of North America by David Starr Jordan, Charles Henry Gilbert (1883)
"Size rather As here understood, notemigonus differs from the European it (Bream) only in the much shorter anal flu—from 9 to lid rays in- )f 30 to 40. ..."
2. Reports of the North Carolina Geological and Economic Survey (1907)
"Genus notemigonus Rafinesque. Roaches. A strongly marked genus, with body greatly ... (notemigonus, sharp-backed.) 64. notemigonus CRYSOLEUCAS (Mitchill). ..."
3. Smithsonian Miscellaneous Collections by Smithsonian Institution (1883)
"As here understood, notemigonus differs from the European Abramis (Bream) only in the much shorter anal fin—from 9 to 120 rays instead of 30 to 40. ..."
4. Classification of the Collection to Illustrate the Animal Resources of the by George Brown Goode (1876)
"Wherefore the southern species, notemigonus ... «it Val. is probably identical with notemigonus Bull. NM No. ..."
5. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington by Biological Society of Washington (1915)
"... oblongus auritus Cyprinus carpio gibbosus notemigonus crysoleucas Micropterus dolomieu Notropis hudsonius amoenus Perca flavescens ..."