Definition of Nuytsia
1. Noun. One species.
Generic synonyms: Dilleniid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Family Loranthaceae, Loranthaceae, Mistletoe Family
Member holonyms: Christmas Tree, Fire Tree, Flame Tree, Nuytsia Floribunda
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nuytsia
Literary usage of Nuytsia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Systematic Anatomy of the Dicotyledons: A Handbook for Laboratories of Pure by Hans Solereder (1908)
"The axis, excepting that of nuytsia, has normal structure. ... The primary cortex is frequently (nuytsia, Viscum) developed as assimilatory tissue, ..."
2. Botanical Abstracts by Board of Control of Botanical Abstracts (1920)
"(nuytsia floribunda.) Australian Forest. Jour. 3: 10-13. 1920. ... This paper discusses the parasitism and root system of nuytsia floribunda which is found ..."
3. Dwarf Mistletoes: Biology, Pathology, and Systematics by Frank G. Hawksworth, Delbert Wiens (1998)
"However, the pattern of development is not identical. In nuytsia, successive cambia form centrifugally; but they form centripetally in ..."
4. Annals and Magazine of Natural History by William Jardine (1842)
"Note on nuytsia floribunda. In the government garden at Sidney is a single plant of nuytsia, which flowers every year, but does not ripen many seeds. ..."
5. The Aborigines of Victoria: With Notes Relating to the Habits of the Natives by Robert Brough Smyth (1878)
"... in the Banksia forests, collecting the gum of the nuytsia ... and other trees, they never touch the nuytsia gum; for, were they to do so, ..."