Definition of Ojos del salado
1. Noun. A mountain in the Andes on the border between Argentina and Chile (22,572 feet high).
Generic synonyms: Mountain Peak
Ojos Del Salado Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ojos Del Salado Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ojos Del Salado
Literary usage of Ojos del salado
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Wild Winds: Adventures in the Highest Andes by Ed Darack (2001)
"I asked a woman as I entered the SERNATUR office. "Si," she responded. I told her about my intention to climb Ojos del Salado, and added that I needed a ..."
2. Statement Presented on Behalf of Chile in Reply to the Argentine Report by Chile (1902)
"If we were now to consider Mount San Francisco in connection with other large hills and the high massives of the Muerto and Ojos del Salado, ..."
3. Oecd Environmental Performance Reviews by OECD Staff, OECD., Organisation for Economic Co-operation, Oecd (2005)
"... and reaching their highest point at Nevado Ojos del Salado (6 880 metres). Coastal mountain ranges run from the far north to the south of the country. ..."
4. Large Mines and the Community: Socioeconomic and Environmental Effects in by Gary McMahon, Felix Remy (2001)
"For example, the company supports area high schools and the University of Atacama. It has participated in the 41 The other company is Ojos del Salado ..."