Definition of Oligoporus
1. Noun. A genus of fungi belonging to the family Polyporaceae.
Generic synonyms: Fungus Genus
Group relationships: Family Polyporaceae, Polyporaceae
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Oligoporus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Oligoporus
Literary usage of Oligoporus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1895)
"At the ventral or younger portion of the corona of oligoporus there are only two ... The four columns of ambulacral plates of adult oligoporus are the ..."
2. Bulletin by Geological Society of America (1896)
"The above described specimens of the genus oligoporus, while not numerous in individuals observed, are sufficient to make a fair relative comparison with ..."
3. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1868)
"We also know, from a crushed specimen of oligoporus Dana, ... On the same grounds, however, we would have as good reason to regard both oligoporus and ..."
4. The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science by Iowa Academy of Science (1895)
"oligoporus nobilis Meek & Worthen, 1868; Proc. Acad. Nat. Sci., Phila., vol. XIX, p. ... Surface covered with small tubercles at the spine bases. oligoporus ..."
5. Bulletin by Geological Survey (U.S.) (1898)
"oligoporus Dana: Meek and Worthen, Proc. Acad. Xat. Sei. ... 35. Keokuk Group : Keokuk, Iowa, or Warsaw, Illinois. oligoporus parvus ..."
6. North American Geology and Palæontology for the Use of Amateurs, Students by Samuel Almond Miller (1889)
"Cin. Sue. Nat. Hist., vol. 5, p. 175, Hud. Riv. Gr. oligoporus, Meek ... Meek said if desirable to change oligoporus, for that reason he would suggest ..."