2. Adjective. (alternative spelling of oogenetic) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Oogenetic
Medical Definition of Oogenetic
1. Producing ova. Synonym: oogenic, oogenous, ovigenetic, ovigenic, ovigenous. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Oogenetic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Oogenetic
oogenetic (current term)
ooh ah ah
Literary usage of Oogenetic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Germ-plasm: A Theory of Heredity by August Weismann (1893)
"It became apparent subsequently that both divisions serve this purpose, and each of them causes the removal of germ-plasm, and not of oogenetic ..."
2. The Evolution of Sex by Patrick Geddes, John Arthur Thomson (1908)
"... the necessary mass of germ-plasma, and this becomes active as soon as the single polar body has freed the ovum from the oogenetic nuclear-plasma. ..."
3. Report of the Annual Meeting (1896)
"My preparations include the whole oogenetic series and the first three divisions of the spermatogenetic series. The second and third divisions in both are ..."
4. Biology, General and Medical by Joseph McFarland (1920)
"The sexual differentiation of the germ cells must thus be due to the presence of Spermatogenetic and oogenetic double determinants; and even all the ..."
5. Mammalian Embryo Genomics by OECD Staff, Oecd, (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope (2003)
"In this experiment, the mature oocyte samples served as a control for maternal mRNA products and we observed that this oogenetic or maternal pattern of ..."
6. Saint Louis Medical and Surgical Journal (1886)
"In Physiology there are abstracts of a paper by Will (oogenetic Studies), Romanes (Physiological Selection) and others, all of deep interest to the student. ..."