2. Adjective. (dated 19th century) Of a prehistoric era; Jurassic. ¹
3. Noun. An oolite. ¹
4. Noun. (dated 19th century) A prehistoric era; the Jurassic. ¹
5. Adjective. (archaic form of oolitic) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Oolitic
1. oolite [adj] - See also: oolite
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Oolitic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Oolitic
oolitic (current term)
Literary usage of Oolitic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mineral Deposits by Waldemar Lindgren (1919)
"A little magnetite is reported in the ore. THE oolitic MARINE ... oolitic limestones are common occurrences in some sedimentary series. ..."
2. Report of the Annual Meeting (1862)
"The Plesiosaurus, with a more extensive geological range through the Jurassic or oolitic series, has left representatives of its genus in those mesozoic ..."
3. The Journal of Geology by University of Chicago Department of Geology and Paleontology (1897)
"The Bedford oolitic Limestone of Indiana. By TC HOPKINS and CE SIEBENTHAL. Extr. 21 st Ann. Rep. Dept. of Geology and Natural Resources (of Indiana). ..."
4. A Manual of Elementary Geology: Or, The Ancient Changes of the Earth and Its by Charles Lyell (1854)
"oolitic OR JURASSIC GROUP.—Below the freshwater group called the Wealden, or where this is wanting, immediately beneath the Cretaceous formation, ..."
5. A Manual of Elementary Geology: Or, The Ancient Changes of the Earth and Its by Charles Lyell (1851)
"Subdivisions of the oolitic or Jurassic group —Physical geography of the ... oolitic OR JURASSIC GROUP.—Below the freshwater group called the Wealden, or, ..."