Definition of Order opiliones
1. Noun. Harvestmen.
Generic synonyms: Animal Order
Group relationships: Arachnida, Class Arachnida
Member holonyms: Family Phalangiidae, Phalangiidae
Order Opiliones Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Order Opiliones Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Order Opiliones
Literary usage of Order opiliones
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. International Catalogue of Scientific Literature by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1906)
"On some new harvest spiders of the order Opiliones from the Southern Continents. ... Pocock, RI On some new harvest- spiders of the order Opiliones from the ..."
2. Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences by Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences (1914)
"order opiliones Head completely fused with thorax. Abdomen -broadly joined with cephalothorax, composed of ten segments; the anal operculum placed ventrally ..."
3. The History of the Collections Contained in the Natural History Departments by British Museum (Natural History) (1906)
"... described in the last volume of that author's work, " Die Arachniden Australiens." order opiliones. The fairly extensive collection of this order is ..."
4. Systematic Review of Our Present Knowledge of Fossil Insects, Including by Samuel Hubbard Scudder (1886)
"Order OPILIONES Sundevall. Body compact, depressed; the cephalothorax and abdomen united in a single mass, the latter composed probably of eight segments, ..."
5. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and (1910)
"... or HARVEST-MAN, names liven to Arachnids of the order Opiliones, referable to various species of the family ..."