Definition of Oregon
1. Noun. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
Terms within: Pacific Northwest, Crater Lake National Park, Bend, Eugene, Klamath Falls, Medford, Portland, Capital Of Oregon, Salem, Klamath, Klamath River, Snake, Snake River, Willamette, Willamette River
Generic synonyms: American State
Group relationships: America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Definition of Oregon
1. Proper noun. A northwestern state of the United States of America. Capital: Salem. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Oregon Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Oregon
Literary usage of Oregon
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1915)
"In furtherance of its design it procured from the legislature of oregon on October 20, 1868, the adoption of a joint resolution which declared that the West ..."
2. The Constitution of the United States of America: With an Alphabetical by William Hickey, United States (1854)
"A Bill(S. 41) "to organize a territorial government in the oregon Territory, ... A Bill (HR 571) " to establish the territorial government of oregon," was ..."
3. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"There were in the diocese in 1845 ten priests, thirteen Sisters of Notre-Dame, and two educational institutions. The first priest ordained in oregon was ..."
4. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1903)
"oregon Л С. К. Со. 170 US 28, 44 L. ed. 358, 20 Sup. Ct. Rep. 261. menee and prosecute in the proper courts the necessary proceedings to cancel the patents, ..."
5. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1916)
"oregon —Continued Law Effect of minimum-wage determinations in oregon. US Bur Labor Bui 176 (Women in industry ser no 6j:l-108 '15 For working women in ..."
6. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and (1911)
"Much historical material may be found in the publications of the oregon Historical ... and of the oregon Pioneer Association. oregon CITY, a city and the ..."