Definition of Outby
1. outdoors [adv] - See also: outdoors
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Outby Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Outby
Literary usage of Outby
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. SAS/ETS(R) 9.1 User's Guide, Volumes 1, 2, 3, and 4 by SAS Institute (2004)
"If you do not know the BY variable names or their possible values, you can do an initial run of PROC DATASOURCE with the outby= option. ..."
2. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1907)
"After the first shot has been fired on the outby rib, this rib should be sheared on the ... 4, in which the outby rib is continued straight 1 to the face, ..."
3. Examination Questions for Certificates of Competency as Mine Inspector, Mine (1907)
"The fire-boss should then, with the assistance of experienced men, erect a temporary brattice starting from the outby rib of the last cut-through, ..."
4. Bulletin by United States Bureau of Mines (1918)
"There was a little coked dust on inby exposures and dirt on the outby ... The outby exposures of the poet? also had a few bubbles and there were a few on ..."