Definition of Participant role
1. Noun. (linguistics) the underlying relation that a constituent has with the main verb in a clause.
Category relationships: Linguistics
Generic synonyms: Grammatical Category, Syntactic Category
Specialized synonyms: Affected Role, Patient, Patient Role, Agent, Agentive Role, Benefactive Role, Beneficiary, Instrument, Instrumental Role, Locative, Locative Role, Recipient, Recipient Role, Result, Resultant Role, Temporal, Temporal Role
Participant Role Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Participant Role Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Participant Role
Literary usage of Participant role
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biological Weapons: The Threat Posed by Terrorists (2000)
"The simulations will induce artificial stress on the part of the participant role player by providing negative or unacceptable consequences for incorrect or ..."
2. Nuclear Weapons: Improved Management Needed to Implement Stockpile edited by Gary L. Jones (2000)
"Table 8: Nuclear Weapons Complex Facilities That Participated in the W87 LEP participant role Lawrence Livermore National Develop and certify design changes ..."
3. Professional Sports: The Challenges Facing the Future of the Industry (1998)
"7 That standard cannot be applied by rote to covenants in a necessarily joint, lawful enterprise that establish the terms of each participant's role in the ..."
4. Professional Sports: The Challenges Facing the Future of the Industry (1998)
"... be applied by rote to covenants in a necessarily joint, lawful enterprise that establish the terms of each participant's role in the joint operation. ..."
5. Advances in School-Based Mental Health Interventions: Best Practices and ...by Kristin E. Robinson by Kristin E. Robinson (2004)
"Bullying as a group process: An adaptation of the participant role approach. Aggressive Behavior, 25, 97-111. Szapocznik, J. (1996, January). ..."
6. Identity Theft: Greater Awareness and Use of Existing Data Are Needed by Richard M. Stana (2003)
"... Association—suggested that the subcommittee's role could be enhanced by having a formal charter or mission statement detailing each participant's role. ..."