Definition of Pen pal
1. Noun. A person you come to know by frequent friendly correspondence.
Definition of Pen pal
1. Noun. A person with whom one communicates using letters, usually over a long distance. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Pen Pal Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pen Pal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pen Pal
Literary usage of Pen pal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Practical Ideas for Teaching Writing As a Process by Carol B. Olson (1996)
"The International Friendship League sponsors a pen pal program, ... The students may also specify the part of the world in which they would like a pen pal, ..."
2. Teach Me Even More French: 21 Songs to Sing and a Story about Pen Pals by Judy Mahoney (1996)
"I'm glad you are my pen pal. With this letter I'm sending you a picture of me and my family. I am ten years old. My brother's name is Peter. ..."
3. Writing Centers. Grades 4-5 by Jo Ellen Moore (2007)
"Read the front and back of the cards and select a pen pal. 2. Write a friendly letter to the pen pal. Tell about yourself. End with a question for your pen ..."
4. Teach Me Even More Spanish: 21 Songs to Sing with Pen Pals by Judy Mahoney (1996)
"In fact, he wants a pen pal, too. I hope you have a little brother he can ... Your pen pal, Annie Page 11 LET'S ALL PLAY Ш THE WOODS Let's all play in the ..."
5. Beginning Writers: How to Make Books with Children Series by Jo Ellen Moore (1999)
"Discuss what a pen pal is. Have students decide who they would like for a pen pal (real or make-believe). On the front of the postcard, ..."
6. Spanish/english Read& Understand, Grade 2 by Jo Ellen Moore (2005)
"Name (your name) '$ pen pal Pretend you have a pen pal. Write a letter to your pen pal. Tell about yourself. ..."
7. Daily Paragraph Editing: Student Practice Books by Evan-Moor Educational Publishers (2007)
"Ill tell you more after you rite back your new friend and pen pal. eric s knudsen. TUESDAY • salutations • interruptions • question marks closings ..."