Definition of Pieris protodice
1. Noun. Common North American form of cabbage butterfly.
Pieris Protodice Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pieris Protodice Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pieris Protodice
Literary usage of Pieris protodice
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report by Entomological Society of Ontario, Ontario. Dept. of Agriculture (1894)
"... seek to offer a substitute for the lack of numerical strength. A RE-APPEARANCE OF pieris protodice BOISD. By J. Alston Moffat, London, Ont. On the 18th ..."
2. The Canadian Naturalist and Geologist by Natural History Society of Montreal (1857)
"pieris protodice. Plate vi., fig. 3, male ; 4, female ; 5, female underside. pieris protodice, Boisduval and Leconte, Ico., &c., des Lepidop- teres, &c., ..."
3. The Butterflies of the Eastern United States: For the Use of Classes in by George Hazen French (1914)
"pieris protodice, imago, male 108 24. pieris protodice, imago, female 108 25. pieris protodice, larva and pupa 109 26. Pieris Oleracea-hiemalis, imago and ..."
4. Economic Entomology for the Farmer and the Fruit Grower, and for Use as a by John Bernhard Smith (1896)
"Fig. 261, Pieris rapie, female. Fig. 262, a, larva; *, chrysalis of Pieris rapie. Fig. 263, pieris protodice, male. Fig. 264, pieris protodice, female. Fig. ..."
5. Annual Report by Entomological Society of Ontario, Ontario. Dept. of Agriculture (1899)
"Another interesting butterfly found here and both at Chatham and Leamington was pieris protodice. At the two latter places it is the common white butterfly, ..."
6. Bibliography of the More Important Contributions to American Economic Entomology by United States Bureau of Entomology, Nathan Banks, Samuel Henshaw (1895)
"... Saperda bivittata [z=candida],Chrysobothris femorata and pieris protodice; figures of the same, with suggestions of remedies; brief notes on ..."