Definition of Plum tomato
1. Noun. An Italian variety of cherry tomato that is shaped like a plum.
2. Noun. A kind of cherry tomato that is frequently used in cooking rather than eaten raw.
Definition of Plum tomato
1. Noun. A type of large tomato ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Plum Tomato Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Plum Tomato Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Plum Tomato
Literary usage of Plum tomato
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report of the American Institute of the City of New York (1860)
"THE plum tomato. I present to the Club a small box of fruit from Fond du Lac, sent to us by Ruth Lynde, of New Bedford, which she calls the plum tomato, ..."
2. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1920)
"... pear and plum tomato (var. pyriforme). similar to preceding except in form of fruit; large-leaf tomato (var. grandi- folium), a group of varieties ..."
3. The Survival of the Unlike: A Collection of Evolution Essays Suggested by by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1896)
"... aud connects completely the Pear tomato and the Criterion. Below the Pear, in point of development, is the plum tomato, Fig. 8. ..."
4. Cyclopedia of American Horticulture: Comprising Suggestions for Cultivation by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Wilhelm Miller (1900)
"PEAR and plum tomato. Differs from the last only in having pear-shaped or oblong fruits.— Probably occurs wild in very nearly the form seen in old gardens. ..."
5. The Florist and Pomologist: A Pictorial Monthly Magazine of Flowers, Fruits by Robert Hogg (1868)
"3 shows the YELLOW plum tomato, a strikingly ornamental variety, the fruits of which are about the size and shape of a damson. Fig. ..."
6. Tomato Culture: A Practical Treatise on the Tomato, Its History ...by William Warner Tracy by William Warner Tracy (1907)
"Yellow plum tomato ...... 9 9. One of the first illustrations of the tomato . . 11 10. An early illustration of the tomato ... 12 11. ..."
7. The Field and Garden Vegetables of America: Containing Full Descriptions of by Fearing Burr (1874)
"Yellow Plum- Tomato. When the two varieties are intermixed, the colors present a fine contrast, and a basket of the fruit is quite a ..."
8. The Bahamas: A Taste of the Islands by Paris Permenter, John Bigley (2000)
"... Grilled leg of lamb with local spices served with fresh mint, and roasted onions; Vegetarian Cuisine - baby spinach, plum tomato, and three cheese ..."