¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Polycystic
Medical Definition of Polycystic
1. Composed of many cysts. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Polycystic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Polycystic
Literary usage of Polycystic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1907)
"A polycystic kidney can be the seat of other affections, as lithiasis, ... In all of the author's cases the renal polycystic disease was associated with a ..."
2. The Principles and Practice of Gynaecology by Thomas Addis Emmet (1880)
"... polycystic)—Stages—Rapidity of development—Symptoms—Diagnosis. WE have seen in the preceding chapter that these tumors may develop apparently as a ..."
3. Collected Papers by the Staff of Saint Mary's Hospital, Mayo Clinic by Saint Marys Hospital (Rochester, Minn.) (1917)
"The clinical symptoms and data in cases of polycystic kidney in the stages ... However, the clinical symptoms of renal insufficiency with polycystic kidney ..."
4. A Manual of the Practice of Medicine: Prepared Especially for Students by Arthur Albert Stevens (1892)
"Complete cure is the rule in the early stages. In advanced cases the treatment must, of necessity, be palliative. polycystic DISEASE AND MALIGNANT TUMORS OF ..."
5. Buffalo Medical Journal (1903)
"ney associated with alcoholism, the gouty state or excesses in eating? (9) is there a tendency in polycystic kidney to anemia ..."
6. Renal, Ureteral, Perirenal and Adrenal Tumors and Actinomycosis and by Edgar Garceau (1909)
"polycystic KIDNEY ETIOLOGY The etiology of the disease is very obscure. The influence of heredity appears to be marked in some instances, and the affection ..."