Definition of Pudding head
1. Noun. A person who is not very bright. "The economy, stupid!"
Specialized synonyms: Berk, Blockhead, Bonehead, Dumbass, Dunce, Dunderhead, Fuckhead, Hammerhead, Knucklehead, Loggerhead, Lunkhead, Muttonhead, Numskull, Shithead, Klutz
Generic synonyms: Simple, Simpleton
Derivative terms: Stupid, Stupid
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pudding Head
Literary usage of Pudding head
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Macmillan's Magazine by David Masson, George Grove, John Morley, Mowbray Morris (1900)
"Well, I don't like it a bit, and so I tell you plainly, but I'll do it for this once and never again; young Pudding-Head must take his chance another time. ..."
2. History of Behar Indigo Factories ; Reminiscences of Behar ; Tirhoot and Its by Minden Wilson (1908)
"So his friends called him " pudding head " and the name stuck to him to the ... Poor old "pudding head " worked well for MacLeod, for no man knew better how ..."
3. Proceedings of the Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons of the State of by Freemasons California. Royal Arch Masons. Grand Chapter (1876)
"If he provea himself a " pudding-head,"our people in Maryland would moit certainly drop him. Suppose the rule was as you would have it, and the " Tyler ..."
4. Omoo: A Narrative of Adventures in the South Seas by Herman Melville (1847)
"... he went by the dignified title of " Atee Poee " — literally, Poee Head, or pudding head. Nor is the. highest rank among themselves any protection. ..."
5. Omoo: A Narrative of Adventures in the South Seas by Herman Melville (1892)
"... he went by the dignified title of " Atee Poee" — literally, Poee Head, or pudding head. Nor is the highest rank among themselves any protection. ..."