Definition of Quists
1. quist [n] - See also: quist
Lexicographical Neighbors of Quists
Literary usage of Quists
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Penny Cyclopædia of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge by Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge (Great Britain), George Long (1843)
"It >s po«*ibli- •. speak during inspiration, and it may be occasional'; adopted; but close observation on many public v4-r.tr.> quists, and private friends ..."
2. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"... ka-liks'tinz, or UTRA- quists, a sect of the Hussites in Bohemia (qv), who differed from the Roman Catholics principally in giving the cup in the Lord's ..."
3. The Cambridge Modern History by Adolphus William Ward, George Walter Prothero (1907)
"In Bohemia the Hussite movement and the aspirations of the Utra- quists, which were not appeased before the Diet of Kuttenberg in 1485, paved the way for ..."
4. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"In 1507 he invited the chiefs of the Brethren to meet the Utra- quists in conference at Prague. The Brethren sent a few rude, unlettered fellows unable to ..."
5. A History of the Inquisition of the Middle Ages by Henry Charles Lea (1887)
"... prelates and inquisitors to prosecute as heretics those who denied the propriety of communion in one element. For more than a centur}- the Utra- quists, ..."
6. The Living Age by Making of America Project, Eliakim Littell, Robert S. Littell (1858)
"The imaginary collo- quists are the Poet and a Friend. Neither the Pelham Ministry nor the public took much notice of Smollett's satires; ..."
7. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1911)
"... true Catholic faith and into obedience toward the Roman Church," which promise Podiebrad was unable to meet because the Utra- quists (see Huss, JOHN), ..."