Definition of Read-only file
1. Noun. (computer science) a file that you can read but cannot change.
Read-only File Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Read-only File Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Read-only File
Literary usage of Read-only file
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Defend Your Data!: Guide to Data Recovery by David J. Stang (1991)
"Try moving the read-only file to another location with the MOVE command (on the DYD disk). Can you?3 Experiment: Exploring the "Hidden" Attribute Learning ..."
2. Mastering C++ by K. R. Venugopal, Rajkumar Buyya, T. Ravishankar, Shaduli Vanimal (muhammad Ali Shaduli) (1997)
"... non-existent file in read-mode or tries to open a file in write mode which has been marked as read-only. File operations fail under such circumstances. ..."
3. Decommissioning Nuclear Power Plants: Policies, Strategies and Costs by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2003)
"Practical Instructions This questionnaire has been sent as "read only file" (pdf) and paper version. Respondents are encouraged to respond on paper: ..."
4. The Geoarchive Handbook: A Guide for Developing a Geographic Database As an by Carolyn Rebecca Black, Lynn A. Green (1994)
"A "read only" file prevents users from corrupting the records within it. Clearly designate separate data files that can be manipulated by the analyst ..."